Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry

5 posters

Go down

Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry Empty Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry

Post by Henri da Flipper 10/4/2011, 9:52 pm

Not so long ago
in the distant land
of Toronto, Canada.

Scott Pilgrim was turned to plastic
Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry Dscf2125
Damn, why is it always winter here?
(laugh track)
Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry Dscf2126
better check the TV...
Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry Dscf2127
0.0 I guess the computer comes next.
Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry Dscf2128
Aw crap...

THE NEXT MORNING

Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry Dscf2129
... WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT?

Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry Dscf2130
SCOTT EARNED THE POWER OF LOVE!(this is cheesy)

Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry Dscf2131
SCOTT EARNED THE POWER OF UNDERSTANDING!(I'mma mess you up with ma big *** sword)

BONUS:
Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry Tbh_ad10
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry Empty Re: Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry

Post by JackDawson1010 10/4/2011, 9:57 pm

This is really cool Henri! I love the t-shirt
JackDawson1010
JackDawson1010
Guard
Guard

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lennonfan1010

Back to top Go down

Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry Empty Re: Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry

Post by The Breakdown 10/4/2011, 10:01 pm

Nice MOC! Nice T-shirt, as well. I love the usage of the tiles to give the floor that feel.
The Breakdown
The Breakdown

Location : I don't think I'm on Cybertron anymore, oh wait, I never was.

http://www.thebrickhope.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Custom_one 10/5/2011, 4:10 am

Interesting... Though if I remember right, the contest is more about the figs, then the scene..(though that has some importance as well) And this seems more like a story, and featuring the MOC then the figure, but that is my personal opinion on that.
Also, on the figure itself, it's got a great idea behind it, but seems plain. The paint job is slightly messy, but hey, paint tends to be messy anyway. Wink
However other than the painted torso, and slightly painted arms, there isn't much to this guy. Check out the other entries to the modern contest, some (mine) are completely customized and turned out good, some are completely purist but look great, due to their large amount of "color" if you know what I mean. Wink
So I would recommend adding more to this figure, it has potential! And I would also recommend making the pictures slightly less blurry.
The_Custom_one
The_Custom_one
Baron
Baron

http://LSWForum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 10/5/2011, 11:25 am

... I haven't used this camera in ages and the LCD is tiny, how many times do I have to say this?
Also it's messy because I didn't have a small enough brush, I had to use only the very tip, hence the paint turned out messy.

Also, there's not much more I could add to the figure, and the only thing I think that could be improved are the arms, seeing that the shirt is to different lengths in each.

Also, I do stuff a a story being I first design the MOC and then make the figure, it's always been like this with me, plus if something happens when I'm making the figure, I'm usually in the lab and can remove it.

(my house has a photographic lab Grin )

So let me get this straight, the other MOC was too simplistic, this one is too elaborated?

jeez, go google pics of scott pilgrim's appartment in the movie, this is an almost exact replica of the main room, to go with my favorite custom figure to the date.

I don't care about your gripes, I'm keeping it how I like it, the only thing I might consider doing is changing the pants to look more like jeans.
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Custom_one 10/5/2011, 6:56 pm

Blhctendo64 the Great wrote:... I haven't used this camera in ages and the LCD is tiny, how many times do I have to say this?
Also it's messy because I didn't have a small enough brush, I had to use only the very tip, hence the paint turned out messy.

Also, there's not much more I could add to the figure, and the only thing I think that could be improved are the arms, seeing that the shirt is to different lengths in each.

Also, I do stuff a a story being I first design the MOC and then make the figure, it's always been like this with me, plus if something happens when I'm making the figure, I'm usually in the lab and can remove it.

(my house has a photographic lab Grin )

So let me get this straight, the other MOC was too simplistic, this one is too elaborated?

jeez, go google pics of scott pilgrim's appartment in the movie, this is an almost exact replica of the main room, to go with my favorite custom figure to the date.

I don't care about your gripes, I'm keeping it how I like it, the only thing I might consider doing is changing the pants to look more like jeans.

For some reason I can't find picture of his apartment. (I assume you did well on it though) However, it seems like the majority of the picture of him feature him in a blue jacket, yellow shirt, and blue jeans. So perhaps you could make that instead! Also, the head needs to be slightly more anime looking, perhaps using one of the Exo-Force heads might make it better. Also, the hair piece you used would be better in dark orange (Like this http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=62810&colorID=68 )

Also, Sharpie makes a "paint pen" and it works quite well for small details.
The_Custom_one
The_Custom_one
Baron
Baron

http://LSWForum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 10/5/2011, 7:15 pm

Alright, let's see what I can say to deny all that you said:

1: Sharpies aren't sold in my country, I only have a blue and a red one which my dad got me when on a business trip... yeah, I asked for pens.

2: Yellow torsos are hard to come by and I can't make a yellow fig with a yellow torso can I? So Exo-force is down as well.

3: I took inspiration from the movie.

4: This IS the T-shirt that marked the movie, it's the one in the freaking poster.

5: There is one difference between the movie and the comic's apartments, and that is that the door is on the right in the movie and on the left in the comic.

here's pictures to back what I just said:

Apartment:
Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry Tumblr_lr4uu9JLyk1qge1hjo1_500
as you can see everything is represented in a similar fashion, except the door and hence the coat hangers.

Movie poster:
Scott Pilgrim, Blhctendo64's Modern Minifig Entry Scott-pilgrim-quad-poster

You must see it like this, I know you googled Scott Pilgrim and found the covers for the sixth and first book, both of which depict him wearing a Plumtree t-shirt and his trademark jacket(which is in the coat hanger in my MOC), but I took this more from the movie.

Particularly I based it off the "what's the website for amazon.ca" and the "Scott Pilgrim VS The Katayanagi Twins" scenes, so this was the end result.

Cheers.
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeShotz 10/5/2011, 7:21 pm

much better this dude is perfect! 10 stars! **********
PokeShotz
PokeShotz
Lord
Lord

https://www.youtube.com/user/PokeShotz?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down