Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you reading?

+9
JCC1004
Legolord121
PokeShotz
Henri da Flipper
The Breakdown
PerthPoke
General Redwater
JackDawson1010
Octan
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are you reading? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you reading?

Post by The Breakdown 1/14/2012, 5:24 pm

I have never wanted popularity. I always, and still do, see myself as a realist and idealist. This didn't earn me "Popularity", but it earned me a crapload of respect. I was also funny in some situations. Grin
The Breakdown
The Breakdown

Location : I don't think I'm on Cybertron anymore, oh wait, I never was.

http://www.thebrickhope.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JackDawson1010 1/14/2012, 5:48 pm

Back on the topic of reading, I just got Dante's The Divine Comedy. Great book.
JackDawson1010
JackDawson1010
Guard
Guard

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lennonfan1010

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 1/14/2012, 6:02 pm

I just read issue 1-6 of Kick@$$ B***s to the Wall and it's very good... shocking as hell though... I mean seriously, I couldn't resume even one of the books to you without giving out like 3 spoilers, and the way it's pictured by Romita Jr. Well, it deserves to be bought if you enjoy realistic comics.

Also, it's easy to see, after reading these, that the second book of the trilogy will never make it into a movie, not only does the story take place in 2/3 weeks tops, but it's just that outrageous, in the bad way...

I mean, the film itself has a huge fandom amongst 13-14 year olds and it was aceptable because, even though it had cursing and was rude alot of the time, it wasn't so literal with the deaths, we didn't see bullet's going from forehead to neck, we didn't see people cut in half, and there was alot of comedy put into it(Currently I'm reminded of "F*** you, Mr.Bitey!"), while this... this is tragedy from beginning to end... and if you look at Dave at like the 4th or 5th book... you will cry, he went from happy go lucky to attending funerals hopped up on sleeping pills... it really is crazy... And even though I'd love the film series to be different and maybe go through a different course, having similar catastrophes, I know they can't make more movies... and it all happened when the villains in this series decided to pull the trigger against 5 8 year-old kids....

I do not advise this to our younger users IN NO WAY, but for older users,(16 and up) I'd recommend it if you like senseless violence and want to know what happens to Dave, it's not pretty, but you'll be hooked...

I have some scans if you just wanna take a pick, so PM me if you want to start reading the series.
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by JackDawson1010 2/6/2012, 2:55 pm

George Orwell's 1984 and H. G. Wells' classic The Time Machine. Both amazing books.
JackDawson1010
JackDawson1010
Guard
Guard

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lennonfan1010

Back to top Go down

Post by The Breakdown 2/6/2012, 3:37 pm

I saw the "Time Machine" movie a while back... awesome!
The Breakdown
The Breakdown

Location : I don't think I'm on Cybertron anymore, oh wait, I never was.

http://www.thebrickhope.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum