Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little About Myself

3 posters

Go down

A Little About Myself Empty A Little About Myself

Post by LC98 4/21/2011, 1:45 am

So... where should I start? When I was born of course my parents bought me many types of toys to see what I would take interest the most. Two of those being Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars, and the other being of course Lego. I loved making long "Traffic Jams" all through my house of my collection of cars and racing them all around, and to along with that I would build Lego racetracks for the cars to race around in. Until I was about 5, I would always have some Hot Wheels with me, and my email was gahotwheels until earlier this year! When kindergarten came, I too, like many others, took an interest in computers, but mostly games and making "art" in Paint. When about 1st or second grade, I had sort of given up on cars, and devoted hobby-ing to Lego and other type things. Every Christmas I'd receive a reasonable amount of Legos, some throughout the year collecting much of it, not MOCing unless I had a friend or a parent want to build with me. Then, around fifth grade when my love for Lego started to fizzle out. But it was... rebooted(?) I was at my grandparents house, I had spent the night there. My parents had come to pick me up and take me along with them to a Bible study type thing, except it wasn't at my church it was at one of my parents' friends houses. I heavily resisted wanting to go, but my parents made me, telling me I wasn't going to be the only kid there, and two of the boys that lived there were nice. So I went along, still groping, but then I met Ethan. (Ethan was Stacker33 BTW, if you've ever heard of him) He took me back to his and his little brother's, Zane's, room. There, they had a massive stockpile of Legos! He had many AMAZING creations and sets that I wasn't aware that TLG had come out with (because I was sorta meh to Legos before then). After that night, I had always loved going back to his house, and still do now. The second time I went there, he gave me a Lego gun, called a Brickarm and told me the web address to get some, and I went home that night and ordered my first order! Later on, I was exploring the Brickarms website, and stumbled upon a community, small, closely knit, and friendly at the time but now a ravaging wasteland of rude noobs and fanboys. It was there I started making stuff out of Lego, but looking back now, I can tell you... it sucked. I started buying and keeping up with Legos making creations implementing Brickarms, started a small army of about 6 or 7 uniform men. Then I found websites like MOCpages, where I had used to post my pictures. I started enjoying city sets, and still do. Now that I look back I realized that my love for City sprouted from building the racetracks from Duplo when I was a wee boy. I later found stop motion Brickfilms on Youtube and decided to try that. At first it was great! Then I was starting to lack creativity, that and the task was too tedious for only 4 views a month, it seemed. I had made a random moive, trying to add in my proudly and newly received Town plan. Through some thinking, I had actually made the second "movie" first. And so I made a trailer for the series, thinking I was starting my career back up again, but instead killed it off. I had cancelled that after delaying my few subscribers for two years. Later I made a movie or two inspired by a set, the Lego Star Wars: Plan B short film. After that my Lego-ing was devoted back again to City and Brickarms. I found Tabletown hrought the Brickarms forums, and thought the idea of having a Lego country, with a military, allies and all was the coolest idea ever. However, I had waited a bit, continuing to build up my city. Later on, about 2009 or so I joined Flickr, exposing me to the massive community. I got my friend Ethan to join and he also introduced me to one of the most unique people I've ever met, his friend Emory, who was also on the Brickarms forums for a few months before I was. I had marveled at his stuff, wishing it was mine without knowing he lived in my own town. When Ethan said it was Zombie Slayer (Emory's username) I almost thought he was lying. Emory and I became just as good of friends and Ethan and I did. We would try to do Brickfilms or projects together. Ethan would make FANTASTIC mechs, hardsuits, and other type stuff, Emory was into the Post-Apoc scene, and I was still undetermined. I had tried minifig customization, brickfilming (like I said before), and even mechs and post-apoc stuff like Ethan and Emory, with my city still sitting on the back burner. I finally said what the heck, and joined Tabletown and the formal birth of Bricktainia. Things were fine and dandy until last year at the first, and only, Henry LUG (that's what we called ourselves) meeting, we made a massive diorama of a post apocalyptic scene and posted it all over Flickr. Our greatest Triumph. Then, stacker (Ethan) gave up Legos, and I was madly disappointed, and so was a fair part of the Lego community. I couldn't talk to him for a while. Emory and I still kept on builing Lego, sometimes doing a collaboration or two. Still today Stacker hasn't done much with Lego, but I'm hoping he'll come out of his dark ages sometime. The three of us still get together often, in fact I saw Stacker today at school. Anyway, as I was surfing the Tabletown forum getting heavily involved wit hte Lego Nations, I met a user named Fixbayonet's, who's probably the most European-ish person you'll find outside of Europe. He inspired me to do many things with my town I never would have thought to have done. As my building got better, I was PMed by a fellow southerner, Cralegoboy for an interview for an up and coming Lego forum about my military building skills, and was sincerely honored, and that forum was this one, The Brick Hope. So I hit a few week builders block a few weeks ago and her I am now, writing this when I should be practicing my drums! :P

Phew! Well, that's the story of Me, Lego, and the World!

(Nope, too late it's already a novel nearly!)
LC98
LC98
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

A Little About Myself Empty Re: A Little About Myself

Post by JackDawson1010 4/21/2011, 10:49 am

You're southern boy? That makes two of us (really a Jersey boy, but I'm half southern and I fake the accent perfectly xD)
JackDawson1010
JackDawson1010
Guard
Guard

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lennonfan1010

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 4/21/2011, 11:49 am

First off, whoever gave you your title needs a spanking ("coffie-shop"? really?"

Now I know alot more about alot of members, this sure was a good idea.
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by LC98 4/21/2011, 8:35 pm

*cough*JCC*cough*

And yeah, it's helped me know you guys a lot better too.
LC98
LC98
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum