Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Moc a day....

4 posters

Go down

A Moc a day.... Empty A Moc a day....

Post by Octan 6/12/2011, 11:28 pm

As I slowly fell myself slip into a dark age, I decided to try to bring myself back into the LEGO®️ community. I chose to challenge myself to build one or more MOC a day for thirty days. I will try to cover as many themes as possibly during this time, I hope you enjoy this! Classic Smile I will post them all in this topic:

Day 1

The landings
A Moc a day.... Dsc_0212
"Chief said I should not leave camp... Nothing will hurt me here, this is my life. This planet will be just like the umpteenth other times I wasted years of my life on these living *Static on recording*! I want this to be different... But it won't be, we will build a station and live here for a year... Then we will leave for the mothership... Maybe those 'natives' they have been talking about will come and put me out of this!"

INDEX:

Day 1

The landings
A Moc a day.... Dsc_0212
"Chief said I should not leave camp... Nothing will hurt me here, this is my life. This planet will be just like the umpteenth other times I wasted years of my life on these living *Static on recording*! I want this to be different... But it won't be, we will build a station and live here for a year... Then we will leave for the mothership... Maybe those 'natives' they have been talking about will come and put me out of this!"

Day 2

Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Maul
A Moc a day.... Dsc_0213
(Extended Universe)
After landing in Sullust, Obi-Wan is ambushed by Darth Maul in the subterranean city of Sulla... After Obi-Wan force throws Darth-Maul down into the streets Obi-Wan gains the high-ground... Darth-Maul begins to flee, Obi-wan follows close behind!

This one was hard for me... I don't think I have even seen the StarWars movies more then once, and I have not purchased a SW set in the last year (I think Grin ). But this was the goal of this, to challenge myself like this. Grin

Day 2 (2nd)
They Came from The Water...
A Moc a day.... Dsc_0319

(One year from the events of Day 1's moc)

" We finished the base, the same candy apple red that seems to cover everything in this dustball... We are near a lake now... Yet it is not a lake of water, it is acid... The base is taking heavy damage from the windstorms... The grate-docks are starting to be torn up from their supports! I have the night patrol, but the bioluminescent moss keeps it as light as day. Last night the 'natives' came... They came from the water, when the men where guarding the lake... When we went to gather in the morning six bodies were found, six of my friends...."

Day 2 (3rd)
Haz-Mat Truck
A Moc a day.... Dsc_0320
Don't have a story for this one... Grin Flame, this is the truck I was talking about.

Day 2 (4th)
Cheese Slope Designs
A Moc a day.... Dsc_0321
These are based on Native American Designs.

A Moc a day.... Dsc_0322

A Moc a day.... Dsc_0323

(One year after the natives came)

" There was peace... That was then, this is now. We though we suppressed the natives, killing all who came within miles of any of our bases... But we were wrong, so very wrong. They came in the night, they hammered the walls until many died, we could do nothing... The weapons from the mother-ship have not arrived, yet... They hammer our walls, and chief says to stand, like that will do anything...."
The City of Modulex....
To read more about Modulex (It is just mini-LEGO, made by LEGO®️) See here:
http://minibricksmadness.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Saving-Modulex2.pdf
"After the caves where found... People explored, they traveled, they raced... Big Prizes and Fame drew the crowds to this underground race circuit.. I needed to be part of this... I built my racer in my basement and hauled it into the caves in the night.. I named it the Locus, and now is the time to race"

Last edited by Octan on 6/16/2011, 8:57 pm; edited 10 times in total
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

A Moc a day.... Empty Re: A Moc a day....

Post by Henri da Flipper 6/12/2011, 11:34 pm

I've seen better insta-MOCs... mine for example Grin
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Breakdown 6/13/2011, 12:30 am

Meh, I'm just asking for a dark age, really. I haven't gotten a LEGO set and actually did something with it for months. I've been getting figures in the mail forever, and when I cleaned my room of some figures to be replaced with LEGO is now vise-versa. It's a nice MOC, but actually not really liking LEGO anymore makes it hard for me to get on this site. But the cuteness of some SW figs will never leave (Red guard, Phase II clone, stormie). It could be cool if you could so some SW, might get me back a little bit.
The Breakdown
The Breakdown

Location : I don't think I'm on Cybertron anymore, oh wait, I never was.

http://www.thebrickhope.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 6/13/2011, 12:59 am

The Empire wrote:Meh, I'm just asking for a dark age, really. I haven't gotten a LEGO set and actually did something with it for months. I've been getting figures in the mail forever, and when I cleaned my room of some figures to be replaced with LEGO is now vise-versa. It's a nice MOC, but actually not really liking LEGO anymore makes it hard for me to get on this site. But the cuteness of some SW figs will never leave (Red guard, Phase II clone, stormie). It could be cool if you could so some SW, might get me back a little bit.
Thanks for the comment! Classic Smile I have not really fallen into another hobby as I have the typical 'drama' the average six grader has created for his/her self... Grin Tomorrow's will be starwars... Anything for you, Empy! Grin Also tomorrow will have two builds...

Octan
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Cooper-Williams 6/13/2011, 2:41 am

Wow that's a good idea would you mind if I tried that too?
Ali Cooper-Williams
Ali Cooper-Williams
Red Baron
Red Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 6/13/2011, 12:00 pm

Ali Cooper-Williams wrote:Wow that's a good idea would you mind if I tried that too?
Not at all. It is fun trying to build themes that you never tried...

Octan
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 6/13/2011, 2:22 pm

Day 2

Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Maul
A Moc a day.... Dsc_0213
(Extended Universe)
After landing in Sullust, Obi-Wan is ambushed by Darth Maul in the subterranean city of Sulla... After Obi-Wan force throws Darth-Maul down into the streets Obi-Wan gains the high-ground... Darth-Maul begins to flee, Obi-wan follows close behind!

This one was hard for me... I don't think I have even seen the StarWars movies more then once, and I have not purchased a SW set in the last year (I think Grin ). But this was the goal of this, to challenge myself like this. Grin

Octan

Last edited by Octan on 6/13/2011, 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 6/13/2011, 3:20 pm

Sorry for double post, but I need to so I can Index this! Grin
Day 2 (2nd)
They Came from The Water...
A Moc a day.... Dsc_0319

(One year from the events of Day 1's moc)

" We finished the base, the same candy apple red that seems to cover everything in this dustball... We are near a lake now... Yet it is not a lake of water, it is acid... The base is taking heavy damage from the windstorms... The grate-docks are starting to be torn up from their supports! I have the night patrol, but the bioluminescent moss keeps it as light as day. Last night the 'natives' came... They came from the water, when the men where guarding the lake... When we went to gather in the morning six bodies were found, six of my friends...."

Octan
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 6/13/2011, 4:55 pm

For for tripple post, I need it for indexing.... Classic Smile
Day 2 (3rd)
Haz-Mat Truck
A Moc a day.... Dsc_0320
Don't have a story for this one... Grin Flame, this is the truck I was talking about.

Octan
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 6/13/2011, 8:54 pm

... wow... SAAAAAAD... lololololol

they are really sorta bad, I expected better than repetitive builds from you, try making something new, something enourmous and cool.
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 6/13/2011, 9:01 pm

DarkBeast the Great wrote:... wow... SAAAAAAD... lololololol

they are really sorta bad, I expected better than repetitive builds from you, try making something new, something enourmous and cool.
Those things take time, and those are themes I am good at building... The are not repetitive, the only thing that I used more then once is a 8X8 grill tile.... Stuff enourmous and cool take more then one day... But I will try!

Day 2 (4th)
Cheese Slope Designs
A Moc a day.... Dsc_0321
These are based on Native American Designs.

Octan
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 6/14/2011, 1:52 pm

Day 3
The Walled City

A Moc a day.... Dsc_0322

A Moc a day.... Dsc_0323

(One year after the natives came)

" There was peace... That was then, this is now. We though we suppressed the natives, killing all who came within miles of any of our bases... But we were wrong, so very wrong. They came in the night, they hammered the walls until many died, we could do nothing... The weapons from the mother-ship have not arrived, yet... They hammer our walls, and chief says to stand, like that will do anything...."

Octan
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 6/14/2011, 3:48 pm

I was gonna make one but I have no time...
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 6/14/2011, 5:11 pm

Day 3 (2nd)
More Native American Designs
A Moc a day.... Dsc_0324

Octan
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 6/16/2011, 12:44 am

( I forgot to upload the moc, I am uploading these pics from my cellphone, at a party... Grin )

Day 4
Modulex Buildings
A Moc a day.... Dsc_0325
The City of Modulex....
To read more about Modulex (It is just mini-LEGO, made by LEGO®️) See here:
http://minibricksmadness.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Saving-Modulex2.pdf

Octan

Last edited by Octan on 6/16/2011, 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 6/16/2011, 8:39 pm

looks way too simple and the bricks are poorly attached, is that what you want to hear?

I see EVERY post in the forum throughout the day, if I don't comment it's because I have nothing nice to say. DON'T EVER ASK ME TO COMMENT THROUGH SKYPE AGAIN, DUDE!

I'm sorry for that outburst, but this forum ain't a popularity contest, when my threads stop being active I don't go bother you to revive 'em...
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 6/16/2011, 8:44 pm

DarkBeast the Great wrote:looks way too simple and the bricks are poorly attached, is that what you want to hear?

I see EVERY post in the forum throughout the day, if I don't comment it's because I have nothing nice to say. DON'T EVER ASK ME TO COMMENT THROUGH SKYPE AGAIN, DUDE!

I'm sorry for that outburst, but this forum ain't a popularity contest, when my threads stop being active I don't go bother you to revive 'em...

Modulex is very rare and the bricks crack if you press them together to hard. Evil 2 I was just asking to comment so I did not have to make a eighth post in a row... And I wanted to see if I could impress you because you hated (At least thats how it sounded) all my other mocs, and wanted to see if you would like even one..

Octan (Lets end this)
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 6/16/2011, 8:56 pm

Day 5
Locus Cave Racer
A Moc a day.... Dsc_0327
"After the caves where found... People explored, they traveled, they raced... Big Prizes and Fame drew the crowds to this underground race circuit.. I needed to be part of this... I built my racer in my basement and hauled it into the caves in the night.. I named it the Locus, and now is the time to race"

Octan
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 6/19/2011, 7:44 pm

I have decided to suspend this project until farther notice... I feel as in forcing myself to build a MOC every day stops me from enjoying the process.. Angry So topic locked!
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum