Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone get teased because of legos?

+5
minifiguresseries
Henri da Flipper
The Breakdown
Octan
Legolord121
9 posters

Go down

Does anyone get teased because of legos? Empty Does anyone get teased because of legos?

Post by Legolord121 9/10/2011, 12:08 pm

I get teased a bunch as school because I'm still interested in legos at the age of 14 and I make brickfilms which people from my school see online and tease me about them at school. I think it's just because they don't really understand. I mean some people understand but most don't. Does anyone else have this problem?
Legolord121
Legolord121
Apprentice
Apprentice

http://legoflix.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Does anyone get teased because of legos? Empty Re: Does anyone get teased because of legos?

Post by Octan 9/10/2011, 1:05 pm

I think everyone does a bit, it helps if you take the time to explain about the thousands of other TFOLs.

Octan
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Does anyone get teased because of legos? Empty Re: Does anyone get teased because of legos?

Post by The Breakdown 9/10/2011, 2:06 pm

I was half-teased half praised last year. There were a few kids at school that asked for advice on things, and some that teased me little, me saying in response it's just a hobby.
The Breakdown
The Breakdown

Location : I don't think I'm on Cybertron anymore, oh wait, I never was.

http://www.thebrickhope.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 9/10/2011, 2:43 pm

I don't, I go to a film school after all and most people understand me liking building in general since I'm the best prop master in school and all, plus, during lunch breaks most of my friends borrow my pc to watch movies or play around in ldd.

Not to mention my building skills are great and whenever someone enters my room their jaws drop.
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by minifiguresseries 5/1/2012, 7:48 am

Not yet.. But yes if someone does..will that bother me? No, I am big lego minifigures series fan and would always be.

minifiguresseries
Apprentice
Apprentice

http://www.minifiguresseries.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 5/1/2012, 9:44 am

please, avoid linking your site like this, a small signature will be just fine, whilst that is just plain rude...
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by General Magma 5/1/2012, 10:01 am

Quite some time ago. Years ago, I would say.
Not anymore now, but that's basically because only my best friend knows about my LEGO hobby. I remember when fear started, of being rejected by people all around even harder because of my hobby..

And then screaming and yelling at a screen
because you want a sports team to win (usually football (/soccer)) is a good thing and no problem at all...
*sigh* people.

On a side note... the plural of LEGO remains 'LEGO'.

~ General Magma
General Magma
General Magma
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 5/1/2012, 3:07 pm

true, just like nike isn't nikes...
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by JCC1004 5/1/2012, 5:17 pm

Blhctendo64 the Great wrote:please, avoid linking your site like this, a small signature will be just fine, whilst that is just plain rude...
I agree with Henri here, little promotional plugs like that aren't allowed. Now if it wasn't a link that'd be fine, but we aren't a billboard.

Sorry.
JCC1004
JCC1004
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bossky 5/1/2012, 10:55 pm

Since I'm not as much into Lego as I used to be, I've never really told anyone of my very small(that's what she said :P) interest in Lego.
Bossky
Bossky
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by The Breakdown 5/2/2012, 3:14 am

I now have close to no interest. At all.

Haven't bought any LEGO since Thanksgiving, only went into the LEGO store once since and didn't buy anything, and the only thing I want I don't even want to spend money on.

Yeah, LEGO is dead to me.
The Breakdown
The Breakdown

Location : I don't think I'm on Cybertron anymore, oh wait, I never was.

Back to top Go down

Post by First Rate Customs 5/2/2012, 3:37 pm

Legolord121 wrote:I get teased a bunch as school because I'm still interested in legos at the age of 14 and I make brickfilms which people from my school see online and tease me about them at school. I think it's just because they don't really understand. I mean some people understand but most don't. Does anyone else have this problem?

Not really, as I'm homeschooled. I only have a couple friends and all but one of them like LEGO as well, the other isn't super interested anymore but he doesn't tease me about it. But yeah, it's probable just because they don't understand. I don't see anything wrong with LEGO as a hobby, there are tens of thousands of TFOLs and AFOLs.
First Rate Customs
First Rate Customs
Apprentice
Apprentice

http://myworld.ebay.com/dadloy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bossky 5/2/2012, 9:09 pm

The Prime wrote:I now have close to no interest. At all.

Haven't bought any LEGO since Thanksgiving, only went into the LEGO store once since and didn't buy anything, and the only thing I want I don't even want to spend money on.

Yeah, LEGO is dead to me.
This is pretty much me right here, except I have bought some Lego within the new year

Bossky
Bossky
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Bossky 5/2/2012, 9:12 pm

First Rate Customs wrote:
Legolord121 wrote:I get teased a bunch as school because I'm still interested in legos at the age of 14 and I make brickfilms which people from my school see online and tease me about them at school. I think it's just because they don't really understand. I mean some people understand but most don't. Does anyone else have this problem?

Not really, as I'm homeschooled.

I wish. :P
Bossky
Bossky
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum