Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brickfair 2012: Count Down and Blog

4 posters

Go down

Brickfair 2012: Count Down and Blog Empty Brickfair 2012: Count Down and Blog

Post by Octan 7/30/2012, 5:04 pm

Brickfair VA is just two days away, and this topic will serve as the place for Jack and I (Octan) to chronicle our experience their.
Octan

I will be attending all four days (exhibitor) and attempting to make a blog post daily, if not more. The event will mostly take from 8 AM to 5 PM when I will be able to make a first post, and then the edit the post after 8 PM with any updates or corrections from the day. As much as possible I will dumping my SD cards onto my flickr during the day, they should all be in decent quality, shot with a D300s so if you want a closer look, you should just be able to zoom in. We do have TBH business cards that I will be handing out at my MOC.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/w-manidi/

ImJackDawson1010
I will be attending the last two days (visitor) and attempting to make a vlog. I'm going to be there from 12 PM till it closes, and the video will go up Monday morning. I will be there with Jay (inactive member and best bro). I don't have any fancy-shmancy camera, only filming with my iPhone. I have a few random business cards I will be throwing at anybody who gives me a dirty look.

www.youtube.com/user/JackCevalo
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Brickfair 2012: Count Down and Blog Empty Re: Brickfair 2012: Count Down and Blog

Post by Henri da Flipper 7/31/2012, 11:21 am

DURP, JAEK, Y UM I NAT UR BEST BROW?!?1?

XD Look forward to it, maybe next year we can actually do a livestream :D
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Brickfair 2012: Count Down and Blog Empty Re: Brickfair 2012: Count Down and Blog

Post by The Breakdown 7/31/2012, 5:33 pm

Can't wait to see it!
The Breakdown
The Breakdown

Location : I don't think I'm on Cybertron anymore, oh wait, I never was.

http://www.thebrickhope.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JackDawson1010 8/1/2012, 3:05 am

I can't wait!
JackDawson1010
JackDawson1010
Guard
Guard

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lennonfan1010

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 8/2/2012, 1:01 am

I will be leaving some time in the early morning, I left the job of packing the town until tonight... I am regretting that. I will not be able to upload a photo of the town as I haven't' even seen it completed in its entirely, if all goes well about 2:00PM -5 gmt tomorrow I will be able to upload a picture. I am not doing a Tumblr trip blog this year as I do not the only Wifi we can get on the drive down, the DC Metro internet. So the next post I make here should be once it is all set up at the event.
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 8/3/2012, 2:02 am

Day 1:

Sorry for the lack of updates during the day, the convention center Wi-fi is horrible and I am only just returning to the room.

I will upload a picture tomorrow as I was not able to completely unpack today. Today was somewhat uneventful, just unpacking until about six, going to a Q/A with Kevin Hinkle and then a presentation with two set designers, both pictures were not aloud. Bingo and the opening ceremonies followed, and then door prices. Most of the vendors are not set up yet, I hope to go into more detail in the morning.

EDIT:

The cottage was officially announced, I will take pictures tomorrow. Some high-lights being the plow is detachable, and there is a living room in the house with a light up fireplace, like the one we got in our goody-bag (review soon).
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JackDawson1010 8/3/2012, 8:05 pm

Can't wait until the town is done!
JackDawson1010
JackDawson1010
Guard
Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 8/4/2012, 2:09 am

Day 2: Fanboys and no Photos...

I just got back to the room after returning from the LEGO store, but I will start from the beginning.

We finished the town this morning and then went to a wonderful look at Rebrick, in which it was revealed that they will be releasing an API for sites soon, if we can, we will be looking into Rebrick interrogation in order to lock in with the larger community. I took a shopping break, dropped by Alt-Bricks and got some really cool leaves (review next week) and an awesome 500 piece Andriod-bot from another vendor. BrickWarriors is here and I really need to make a trip over there to thank them.

After that we went to a quick sort of primmer on 3D-Printing and then another short primmer on Alt-Bricks leaves. TLG gives all of us a %30 off all sets so we ran to the LEGO store and caught-up on some recent sets at dirt-cheap prices, would like to extend the deal to you all, but that would be against the rules, sadly, and could get us banned.

I will have more to write about tomorrow, with pictures. So keep checking back.
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JackDawson1010 8/4/2012, 8:34 pm

Day 3: FIRST

Well I cut the line to get in early. It was fun. Saw some stuff. Saw some Wills. Met David Pickett (Nightly News at Nine). Bought some stuff. All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
JackDawson1010
JackDawson1010
Guard
Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 8/5/2012, 12:35 am

ZING! You met some Willies? xD
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 8/5/2012, 12:47 am

And I met some Jacks. Grin I just saw that the second part of my post last night was not posted because of some Idiot streaming HD video over the holiday-inn Wi-fi, we already have 1 mg a second download, we don't need it slower, also thanks for putting your family photos in your public folder, its not like anyone doesn't want to public your trip to the UK. So here is the second half:

I am not that big of a fan of crowds, they can slow things down to a standstill. I am not that big of a fan of Fanboys, also, and when these combine they will lead to one of the best mosh-pits ever. Most vendors have three or four people shopping around them at a time, that is normal. Brickarms and Legoboy-Productions, have rabid crowds. And they are super amusing. Brickarms and Legoboy, in their simplest forms are selling an image, a brand, in the end the product comes second. Legoboy is a person, a tangible object that you latch onto, he can be your friend even if he doesn't know who you are... Much is the same with Brickarms, but at least they are very involved with the community (nothing against you David, but I haven't seen you get involved much). But because people get latched onto that the crowds that surrond the booth are insane.

Today and Sunday will be shown in a single Photo-Essay that I will be producing so look for that in the coming week, although there will still be blog posts for tomorrow.
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JackDawson1010 8/6/2012, 1:17 am

Day 4: Jay showed up. I bought some stuff. And in a Brick Hope exclusive interview, David Pickett (FallenTomato and Nightly News at Nine) has given a few spoilers for the next few videos, for example that the end of the orange and green war is nigh. I know most of you don't care but whatever.
JackDawson1010
JackDawson1010
Guard
Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 8/6/2012, 11:37 am

Haven't watched NNN in Ages...
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 8/6/2012, 7:49 pm

Just a quick update, the final blogs and photo-essay should be out Friday. I am excited to see what Jack and Jay filmed over the course of the event.
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JackDawson1010 8/6/2012, 8:35 pm

Well I'd like to say I threw business cards at a whopping total of ... drumroll please... 3 people!
JackDawson1010
JackDawson1010
Guard
Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 8/7/2012, 12:46 pm

GREAT JOB!
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Breakdown 8/8/2012, 5:36 am

JackDawson1010 wrote:Well I'd like to say I threw business cards at a whopping total of ... drumroll please... 3 people!
I hope you handed more to some others. Grin
The Breakdown
The Breakdown

Location : I don't think I'm on Cybertron anymore, oh wait, I never was.

http://www.thebrickhope.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 8/12/2012, 8:36 pm

I am still working on getting the rest of the content from Brickfair out, but in the mean time Jay posted his video of the event.

Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 8/12/2012, 10:34 pm

DAYUMN, I SAW OCTOMOM'S FACE(Again...)

We really need to meet up at one event or the other, damn it...

If I'm good enough I may go to the Pokémon TCG World tournament next year and if it's in the US(it's either in the US or Hawaii) I'll tell you guys in advance so we can meet and you can look at me nerding out and pwnin newbs...
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down