Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars - How Long Will It Last?

+9
Octan
FettJango
JCC1004
General Redwater
General Magma
The Breakdown
Henri da Flipper
Castlehill
13 posters

:: Themes :: Star Wars

Go down

Star Wars - How Long Will It Last? Empty Star Wars - How Long Will It Last?

Post by Castlehill 10/29/2010, 5:42 am

Hey... Just a thought,

how long do you reckon the star wars theme will last?
I've noticed that lego has run out of ideas for new ships.
Castlehill
Castlehill
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Star Wars - How Long Will It Last? Empty Re: Star Wars - How Long Will It Last?

Post by Henri da Flipper 10/29/2010, 8:20 am

Castlehill wrote:Hey... Just a thought,

how long do you reckon the star wars theme will last?
I've noticed that lego has run out of ideas for new ships.
Well I was a regular fan of the theme but now it seems very redundant always building the same thing over and over again gets boring, I advise Lucas to get cracking on some new designs or soon lego will finish the license.

As for what you've done, my friend, I advise you to first create an introduction topic so that people get to know you better around this part.

If you need any help tell me, even though my name is blhc11 people usually either call me blhc(which I hate) or Henri(which I've grown fond of).

Cheers.

By: The guy who started calling the mnmtwinz: Banana Men.
(I do that)
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Breakdown 10/29/2010, 12:14 pm

I don't think it will last another 10 years, but probably for a few more years, probably 1 year after TCW ends. And welcome to the site! Why not make an intro of yourself?
The Breakdown
The Breakdown

Location : I don't think I'm on Cybertron anymore, oh wait, I never was.

http://www.thebrickhope.com

Back to top Go down

Post by General Magma 10/29/2010, 6:24 pm

I'm quite sure it will last for muuuuuuch longer than that, trust me..
When the Clone Wars ends, they'll come up with something new again.

~ General Magma
General Magma
General Magma
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 10/29/2010, 7:12 pm

General Magma wrote:I'm quite sure it will last for muuuuuuch longer than that, trust me..

~ General Magma

I don't understand you, dude(pun-intended), you are a huge SW fan, we get it, but you can't make up excuses or believe in things that are absurd, I always wished Lego Batman hadn't gone away, but they already had given it all they could, all I can hope for now is that in 2012 with the release of "The Dark Knight Rises"(yes it is confirmed, for july 20th) they think of re-making the license using some old molds but completely re-making the theme by making a new batmobile and whatnot.

Cheers.

By- A guy so looking forward to a comment by Empire in reply to this saying "blhc, why are you OFF-TOPIC again?" also, if you really must, please call me Henri, not blhc
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by General Magma 10/29/2010, 9:35 pm

blhc11 the great wrote:
General Magma wrote:I'm quite sure it will last for muuuuuuch longer than that, trust me..

~ General Magma

I don't understand you, dude(pun-intended), you are a huge SW fan, we get it, but you can't make up excuses or believe in things that are absurd, I always wished Lego Batman hadn't gone away, but they already had given it all they could, all I can hope for now is that in 2012 with the release of "The Dark Knight Rises"(yes it is confirmed, for july 20th) they think of re-making the license using some old molds but completely re-making the theme by making a new batmobile and whatnot.

Cheers.

By- A guy so looking forward to a comment by Empire in reply to this saying "blhc, why are you OFF-TOPIC again?" also, if you really must, please call me Henri, not blhc

Nothing absurd about what I think. LSW has lasted for 11 (12 next year with confirmed sets) years so far,
it's unlikely it would stop anytime soon. It is a money fountain for The LEGO Company,
and out of all toy licenses for Star Wars, George Lucas likes LEGO best. And that's really what he said.

Batman wasn't really much of a money fountain like Star Wars is, and it doesn't have much to offer either.
Star Wars has thousands of planets, hundreds of thousands of species, vehicles and a heap of other things that still could make up for some nice sets.

~ General Magma
General Magma
General Magma
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 10/29/2010, 9:54 pm

General Magma wrote:Nothing absurd about what I think. LSW has lasted for 11 (12 next year with confirmed sets) years so far,
it's unlikely it would stop anytime soon. It is a money fountain for The LEGO Company,
and out of all toy licenses for Star Wars, George Lucas likes LEGO best. And that's really what he said.

Batman wasn't really much of a money fountain like Star Wars is, and it doesn't have much to offer either.
Star Wars has thousands of planets, hundreds of thousands of species, vehicles and a heap of other things that still could make up for some nice sets.

~ General Magma

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but Star Wars no longer has me as a usual buyer, it's too darn expensive, everyone is complaining, one day star wars will be way overpriced and people will just stop buying, then George Lucas will try to come up with some ideas to make money and Lego will go back to making non licensed sets that everyone buys for this or that reason.

As for Batman not being a money fountain, just check the current prices for batman sets, they can go up to 5 times their original price, after you verify that tell me that it's not a money fountain, the problem is that the search wasn't enough while the theme was going around, and as for possibilities I can think of a few, GCPD HQ, Wayne Manor, bat-sled, Bat-Sub, etc, etc, The only reason it didn't make much money it's the fact that the sets weren't available that often, in my country they only sold the last wave, I had to order every single batman set I own from Lego.com(except for 3 sets that belonged to the last wave), so do some research before you comment, the Batman theme only didn't last because it had countless new molds and they were expensive, thus DC decided to cut it out of their toy budget, whilst George Lucas is made of money and can pay for every new mold that is made.

Cheers.
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by General Magma 10/29/2010, 10:10 pm

blhc11 the great wrote:
General Magma wrote:Nothing absurd about what I think. LSW has lasted for 11 (12 next year with confirmed sets) years so far,

~ General Magma

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but Star Wars no longer has me as a usual buyer, it's too darn expensive, everyone is complaining, one day star wars will be way overpriced and people will just stop buying, then George Lucas will try to come up with some ideas to make money and Lego will go back to making non licensed sets that everyone buys for this or that reason.

As for Batman not being a money fountain, just check the current prices for batman sets, they can go up to 5 times their original price, after you verify that tell me that it's not a money fountain, the problem is that the search wasn't enough while the theme was going around, and as for possibilities I can think of a few, GCPD HQ, Wayne Manor, bat-sled, Bat-Sub, etc, etc, The only reason it didn't make much money it's the fact that the sets weren't available that often, in my country they only sold the last wave, I had to order every single batman set I own from Lego.com(except for 3 sets that belonged to the last wave), so do some research before you comment, the Batman theme only didn't last because it had countless new molds and they were expensive, thus DC decided to cut it out of their toy budget, whilst George Lucas is made of money and can pay for every new mold that is made.

Cheers.

I said it wasn't much of a money fountain COMPARED to Star Wars..
Read better before commenting..

~ General Magma
General Magma
General Magma
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by General Redwater 10/29/2010, 10:42 pm

It will last for long. It's like city, theres so many sets that haven't been released yet, that could be. At the least, ten more years. Smile 2
-
Redwater
General Redwater
General Redwater
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 10/29/2010, 10:46 pm

General Magma wrote:I said it wasn't much of a money fountain COMPARED to Star Wars..
Read better before commenting..

~ General Magma
Well, it techinically is, I haven't heard of SW sets that sell for 5 times their original price... the only problem is that lego couldn't do it while they were producing lego batman, so the project got canned since they couldn't pay for the new molds and what not...

Also, you show yourself as a rude person once more and I'll be talking directly with JCC, this is supposed to be a nice forum, not a forum where you call people stupid or idiots, only because we don't read what you write 300 times before we post, I wasn't even wearing my glasses while I posted, much less using a magnifying glass on every letter you wrote, or whatever you do with your pals, here we respect each other, we can be friends, but not buddies, in my country there is a difference,with the first you behave properly, with the second you can do whatever you want, let's post while in boundaries...

Cheers.
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by General Redwater 10/29/2010, 10:55 pm

Okay, gentlemen, let's please stop this. Just a little misunderstanding escalated, end it.
-
Redwater
General Redwater
General Redwater
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 10/29/2010, 11:02 pm

General Redwater wrote:Okay, gentlemen, let's please stop this. Just a little misunderstanding escalated, end it.
-
Redwater

THANK YOU!
Seriously Redwater, I thought that tomorrow I was gonna wake up with 4 or 5 angry comments(I have a nack for feeding flame wars) and that's only because I don't believe he can send PM's yet.

Cheers.
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by JCC1004 10/29/2010, 11:25 pm

blhc11 the great wrote:
General Redwater wrote:Okay, gentlemen, let's please stop this. Just a little misunderstanding escalated, end it.
-
Redwater

THANK YOU!
Seriously Redwater, I thought that tomorrow I was gonna wake up with 4 or 5 angry comments(I have a nack for feeding flame wars) and that's only because I don't believe he can send PM's yet.

Cheers.
Not just Magma is at fault. It's just as much your fault. Please don't let such a thing happen between the two of you or anyone else again. Don't continue to argue and take time to reread what someone has said. Thank you.

JCC
JCC1004
JCC1004
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by General Magma 10/30/2010, 10:19 am

I'm not the rude person in here. Blhc threw in a clear sign of hating me in my introduction topic at the end of his post, then continued arguing with me everywhere... I don't want to be treated like a little kid.

Going back on-topic, I don't believe Star Wars is going to end anytime soon. Star Wars
has much more sets and minifigs to offer, whilst many other licenses can't offer much more.
Doubling, or tripling etc. of prices doesn't mean it had been a money fountain for TLG. The Millenium Falcon's price has doubled already since it's been discontinued, but that still doesn't mean so much.

TLG could make some dioramas if they'd ever think about that, it would be nice to have dioramas of some planets.

~ General Magma
General Magma
General Magma
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by FettJango 10/30/2010, 12:56 pm

General Magma wrote:I'm not the rude person in here. Blhc threw in a clear sign of hating me in my introduction topic at the end of his post, then continued arguing with me everywhere... I don't want to be treated like a little kid.

Going back on-topic, I don't believe Star Wars is going to end anytime soon. Star Wars
has much more sets and minifigs to offer, whilst many other licenses can't offer much more.
Doubling, or tripling etc. of prices doesn't mean it had been a money fountain for TLG. The Millenium Falcon's price has doubled already since it's been discontinued, but that still doesn't mean so much.

TLG could make some dioramas if they'd ever think about that, it would be nice to have dioramas of some planets.

~ General Magma
I agree completly. Also, has any one brought up how much money it makes? It makes a ton!
FettJango
FettJango
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by AvatarKyosh 11/3/2010, 4:34 am

Long Live Star Wars my friends. I WILL SURVIVE! Darth Vader
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 11/3/2010, 7:50 pm

Crusader wrote:Long Live Star Wars my friends. I WILL SURVIVE! Darth Vader

Spam! Please just post your thoughts, and not this spam. Classic Smile

Octan Octan
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by AvatarKyosh 11/3/2010, 10:37 pm

Octan wrote:
Crusader wrote:Long Live Star Wars my friends. I WILL SURVIVE! Darth Vader

Spam! Please just post your thoughts, and not this spam. Classic Smile

Octan Octan

??? How was what I said a spam?
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by The Breakdown 11/3/2010, 10:42 pm

I think he means that the topic is for saying how long youbelive it will last, not saying you want it to. (because everyone wants it to last forever, mainly OT Imperial Officer ) So he shouldn't have said it was spam, just a little off-topic, is all.
The Breakdown
The Breakdown

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 11/4/2010, 12:06 am

Sorry, I thought you where saying your where the empire and you would continue to fight. Grin Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Octan Darth Vader
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PerthPoke 11/4/2010, 6:43 pm

running out of ideas? you cant have seen the 2011 catalog.i think about 5 more years.
PerthPoke
PerthPoke
Lord
Lord

Location : Perth,Scotland. Well I'm not called Texaspoke am I ?

http://perthpoke.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Breakdown 11/4/2010, 9:26 pm

General Redwater wrote:It will last for long. It's like city, theres so many sets that haven't been released yet, that could be. At the least, ten more years. Smile 2
-
Redwater

Lets look at city....yeah, it'll be a while until SW goes away. Wink Darth Vader
The Breakdown
The Breakdown

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Custom_one 11/9/2010, 11:03 pm

Well, Star Wars started back in 1999, so it has already been around for 11 years. whereas City has been around for about 50 Years or so. And I highly doubt Star Wars will last that long, however, you never know..... Classic Smile
The_Custom_one
The_Custom_one
Baron
Baron

http://LSWForum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 11/9/2010, 11:12 pm

The_Custom_one wrote:Well, Star Wars started back in 1999, so it has already been around for 11 years. whereas City has been around for about 50 Years or so. And I highly doubt Star Wars will last that long, however, you never know..... Classic Smile

He knows something we don't! Grin Ok, time to post what I think, It can't last much longer. What haven't they done? I did like the sets from 2005 and before, but realy what's left. They barely make any [large] sets from the movies any more. No, not clone wars. I think we will see end soon.

Octan
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 11/10/2010, 7:30 pm

I agree with Octan, even if Lucas is gonna put the movies back in the theaters in 3D(WOOOOOO, your face blows up along with the death star, WOOOO), it is gonna be craptacular, it's post filming conversion and everyone has already watched it, either he makes new films or Lego will stop making sets, I remmember back when the old clone wars came out, back then all I wanted was for them to make clone wars sets, but only now, along with the crap-tacular series, do they make these sets I wanted, and it makes me sad to see how ugly and even disgusting they look(I hate CW faces, everyone wants a REAL clone face, TLG, not the crappy CW ones that you made that don't match with other heads, my brother never liked fleshie and I will never like Clone Wars minifigs...)

So keep up with your complaining saying it will go for long, when it's over I'll laugh, I am a star wars fan, and I got to liking it because of Lego, now I still like it but I don't like the lego made from it(nor do I like CW, just sayin').

Cheers, fellow clonetards, cheers(clones were the only good thing in the prequel trilogy, they were made to balance out Jar Jar Binks, Awesome balances out the spacial Jamaican(the bad kind of Jamaican) it makes sense to me)

By: someone who likes to laugh, TEEHEE
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by beetlejuice 11/14/2010, 11:36 am

Batman was discontinued because the new films were too dark and gloomy and TLG decided that making a children's toy and the overall film noir and scare about the road Batman was taking, didn't mix pretty well.
So they killed the license - it had nothing to do with sales and such.

Star Wars has been here for a long while and will be for a long while in the future.
The Clone Wars might be coming to an end as an animated TV series, but there's that new show coming soon.
We'll see a few renewals of the license, each lasting 3 years - my guess is that the license will end no sooner than 6 years from now, depending on the new show.

So what if TLG is redoing a lot of sets? This is an old theme and kids nowadays want the cool sets which might have been done a few years back, so they redo them.
Wouldn't you?

Why do you think we get an Anakin in at least one CW set every year?
The kids want him badly and each year brings new fans.

Do the math instead of whining about it - if you don't like a set, don't buy it - there's no need to b***** about it on the internet because it has no consequences what you say in here.

Grow up!

Last edited by JCC1004 on 11/15/2010, 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Don't curse here. Read my PM.)
beetlejuice
beetlejuice
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 11/14/2010, 1:59 pm

beetlejuice wrote:Batman was discontinued because the new films were too dark and gloomy and TLG decided that making a children's toy and the overall film noir and scare about the road Batman was taking, didn't mix pretty well.

Star Wars has been here for a long while and will be for a long while in the future.
The Clone Wars might be coming to an end as an animated TV series, but there's that new show coming soon.
We'll see a few renewals of the license, each lasting 3 years - my guess is that the license will end no sooner than 6 years from now, depending on the new show.

So what if TLG is redoing a lot of sets? This is an old theme and kids nowadays want the cool sets which might have been done a few years back, so they redo them.
Wouldn't you?

Do the math instead of whining about it - if you don't like a set, don't buy it - there's no need to bitch about it on the internet because it has no consequences what you say in here.

Grow up!

WOW, HOLD IT! It's your first post and you're already using ill language, seriously dude, I'll lend you some chill pills.

Plus, I stopped being a star wars fan because of the Clone wars, the only sets I MIGHT buy are the battlepacks and the shuttle.

Now listen to this, these big sets only sell because of the minifigures, recently I've done something stupid, I bought the turbo tank for Aylaa, sure I "played" with it and destroyed it so I could build it again, but I still think it was a waste of money(good thing I had alot of money back then and two thirds of it reverted to good causes).

Still, cool down.

Cheers.

By: Henri... Da Mutha bleepa!
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by FettJango 11/15/2010, 2:52 pm

beetlejuice wrote:Batman was discontinued because the new films were too dark and gloomy and TLG decided that making a children's toy and the overall film noir and scare about the road Batman was taking, didn't mix pretty well.

Wouldn't you?

Do the math instead of whining about it - if you don't like a set, don't buy it - there's no need to bitch about it on the internet because it has no consequences what you say in here.

Grow up!
Hey, you might want to get off on the right foot here by making a intro topic before using ill language.
FettJango
FettJango
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by AvatarKyosh 11/15/2010, 3:16 pm

I think they will keep making Clone wars sets due to the fact that many of the newer sets that are coming out are based on the clone wars show. I guess that many of the sats will be clone wars coming out.
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by beetlejuice 11/15/2010, 7:44 pm

Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone.
It's just that all the hate towards CW is a little stupid to me.
CW is what Star Wars is mostly about these days - we can't expect a 30 years-ish movie to be the main factor of the theme anymore - which is why I made that comment about being b****y and whiny.
No offense meant to anyone.
Grin
beetlejuice
beetlejuice
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by General Magma 11/15/2010, 9:25 pm

beetlejuice wrote:Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone.
we can't expect a 30 years-ish movie to be the main factor of the theme anymore

What many people keep forgetting is that the Original Trilogy was the reason that Star Wars had ever begun.
Kids may like the CW, but there are so many things that could still be added to the OT.

No need to use such language, either.

~ General Magma
General Magma
General Magma
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by CommanderFox 11/17/2010, 7:13 am

The_Custom_one wrote:Well, Star Wars started back in 1999, so it has already been around for 11 years. whereas City has been around for about 50 Years or so. And I highly doubt Star Wars will last that long, however, you never know..... Classic Smile

I really hope SW is around for that long, then our kids (and for some people) their kids will be able to participate in this amazing theme! Also if it is going to be around for that long, then Lucas or the guys doing CW need to start bringing out more movies as well as more of the tv shows so that Lego can get more ideas, and not keep re-making sets. Classic Smile
Just my thoughts...

CF
CommanderFox
CommanderFox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by General Magma 11/17/2010, 11:39 am

The Original Trilogy still has alot to offer.
Think of it, we've seen some remakes of things, but we're still missing alot of sets.
Here some examples:

- Ewok Tree Village
- Landing Platform on Endor
- Endor Battlepacks (a larger BP variation has been rumored since a while back, now just seperate BPs in 2012?)
- New speederbike set, landing on Endor with several Endor troopers
- Tatooine Set with buildings
- A decent Mos Eisley Cantina
- Bantha
- Tusken Camp
- Skywalker family homestead
- Seperate Death Star corridor set
- Hoth AT-ST
- Decent Echo Base set

And there's just a load more things to make...

~ General Magma
General Magma
General Magma
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Octan 11/17/2010, 9:06 pm

General Magma wrote:The Original Trilogy still has alot to offer.
Think of it, we've seen some remakes of things, but we're still missing alot of sets.
Here some examples:

- Ewok Tree Village
- Landing Platform on Endor
- Endor Battlepacks (a larger BP variation has been rumored since a while back, now just seperate BPs in 2012?

~ General Magma

Yes! Please, more ewoks!

Octan
Octan
Octan
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CommanderFox 11/18/2010, 6:34 am

Octan wrote:
Yes! Please, more ewoks!

That would be nice! Love

CF
CommanderFox
CommanderFox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/18/2010, 2:57 pm

Banthas Love Love

Back to top Go down

Post by General Magma 11/18/2010, 5:05 pm

CommandoMando wrote:Banthas Love Love

I would really like to ese a Bantha aswell.
I could try making one myself, but I think I would prefer new molds over brickbuilt ones, since they'd be less blocky. Depends, though. I also dunno about the outcome if I'd make one myself. I'm better as a vehicle builder.

Remember, those are just ideas. No rumors. Except for the Endor battlepacks, those have been rumored for release in 2012. But let's not expect too much, we still haven't even seen the summer sets yet - so we should wait and see. I'm really hoping that atleast one of the summer wave rumors are wrong, so they can be replaced by a Bantha set. I need Tusken Raiders, haven't got any..

~ General Magma
General Magma
General Magma
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by JCC1004 11/18/2010, 7:08 pm

This is the wrong topic to be posting ideas! Please use the Future Set Speculation topic! I will merge the posts later on today.
JCC1004
JCC1004
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by General Magma 11/19/2010, 2:15 pm

JCC1004 wrote:This is the wrong topic to be posting ideas! Please use the Future Set Speculation topic! I will merge the posts later on today.
They were ideas, but I also wanted to say that the Original Trilogy still has alot more to offer, so I stated these things.. (Since people think it's old stuff that has nothing more to offer.
OT -> (owns) PT and CW together)

~ General Magma
General Magma
General Magma
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by AvatarKyosh 11/22/2010, 2:14 am

CommandoMando wrote:Banthas Love Love

YA!! Banthas AND Acklay!!!! Grin
Baron
Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by JCC1004 11/22/2010, 2:42 am

Guys! This is a topic for speculation on how long the theme will last, not new set and component ideas! That goes here.
JCC1004
JCC1004
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down