Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How's the life of a Portuguese TFOL

3 posters

Go down

How's the life of a Portuguese TFOL Empty How's the life of a Portuguese TFOL

Post by Henri da Flipper 10/12/2010, 6:40 pm

So as you know I'm a portuguese TFOL, and I am very involved with my country's lego comunity(Mainly PLUG) They do alot of Expo's on Lisbon's "El Corte Inglês" shopping mall and I went to every Expo they hosted in Lourinhã(they do one annually, so far they've made 2 and I went to both, great MOC's are easily found) I've been thinking of joining PLUG so that some of my MOC's can be shown to the public, and so I decided to make this short documentary series, I'll show you how it is to be a portuguese teenager who likes the building bricks and who happens to be (sorta) talented when it comes to the art of building, and of course I'll do some interviews to PLUGians and film their expos as soon as I join the community(I haven't joined yet 'cause it has a monthly/yearly fee...).

Tell me what you think of the idea and if you would be interested in viewing and helping me out.

P.s(for classic space fans): Even if we only have one classic space MOC'er in the PLUG assosiation, he is truly awesome and has a butt-load of MOC's, he usually goes to the conventions... just sayin'
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

How's the life of a Portuguese TFOL Empty Re: How's the life of a Portuguese TFOL

Post by Brickfoot7 10/12/2010, 7:01 pm

Sounds good. I will finally get to see some of your mocs.
Brickfoot7
Brickfoot7
Red Baron
Red Baron

Back to top Go down

How's the life of a Portuguese TFOL Empty Re: How's the life of a Portuguese TFOL

Post by Henri da Flipper 10/12/2010, 7:21 pm

Brickfoot7 wrote:Sounds good. I will finally get to see some of your mocs.
... I'll film them one these days when I get home from school... even though my MOC's are good I don't builod that often, I have alot of work to do and also m«concentrate mainly on animating
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky 10/12/2010, 7:23 pm

Sounds cool, But I wouldn't say that I'm talented, You're supposed to leave that up to the people who comment on you MOCs. Smile 2

Wacky
Banned
Banned

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirwacky/

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 10/12/2010, 7:47 pm

Wacky wrote:Sounds cool, But I wouldn't say that I'm talented, You're supposed to leave that up to the people who comment on you MOCs. Smile 2

... I post 'em on youtube and the few people that comment and view my videos say that my mocs rock...
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 10/31/2010, 4:27 pm

Well, here is the first chronicle of the series, infortunately I didn't have my camera and if I did they wouldn't allow me to film.

Chronicle 1: WTF? WE DON'T EVEN HAVE HALLOWEEN HERE!:

Hello, fellow brick-hopians.

Date: October 31st 2010

Main target of discussion: My general disregard for stupid people(you will hear that alot)

Ok so yesterday I spoke with my father, I need some stuff for my Batman stop-motion series, and since he manages my budget(micro lol), I decided to talk with him about the sets(as in the things I film) I would need to build, we were going to visit the Emporium, and we did, but my father wasn't with me and I was on a rush so I couldn't buy anything, feeling sad for me he suggested we went and took care of it today, flooding with excitment I went to sleep(yet another micro lol).

Today I wake up feeling happy, I go to take a shower and our central heating system stops working mid shower(I felt sad), I was in the middle of washing my huge ammount of hair and since I already had shampoo'd it up I had to ask for my father to heat some water and take it there(we had to use a tea pot...) I washed my hair and went to the computer while I ate and watched over The Brick Hope as the watchful protector I am('cause I wasn't busy searching for Rachel(micro lol)get it?) and at around 2:30PM(which yesterday would have been 3:30 Pm, being that our Time changed again...) we left for "Colombo" a very big Mall.

Once we were on the highway we went by another place with a Toys'R'Us(we don't have Lego stores here) which seemed very uninhabited but my dad didn't stop there because I told him they probably wouldn't have the baseplates I needed there, once we arrived near the store I started to feel sad again, there was a huge line of cars trying to get to the garage(not "to da Choopa!") and even when inside we couldn't find a parking space... my life stinks...

Finally we found one after 10 minutes of extensive search and when we went to the elevators there was a huge ammount of people trying to get in(I only got in after one of the 3 elevators came by a forth time... 5 more minutes of my life wasted...) not to mention the stupid little kids(I seriously hate people some times) that were pushing the button to go down when everyone wanted the elevator to go up(it's really true) then we walked for a while and the shock I suffered when I arrived at the store was so big that it diserves it's own paragraph(gasp!).

And there it was(dundun) a huge crowd(dundun) of stupid(dundun) ignorant(dundun) PEOPLE!(dadaduuuuuun)
There was a huge ammount of people there and God knows how anti-social I am and the worse part was they were all buying halloween stuff, candies and whatnot kids and parents all filling up that store, it took another huge ammount of time to get to the lego section were kids from 2 to 10 said: "I want this", "I want that", "wrap it all up under your shirt if we don't have enough money daddy, please just get this for me!" after a hard and genious involving mission to check every corner of the store to see if I found some freaking baseplates I just felt like trowing myself of a window, unfortunately Toys'R'Us stores over here don't have windows(and it was in the first floor...), finally me and my dad passed by the game section and he spotted the game I wanted the most, "Creationary", he picked it up and said: "Let's take this one" I couldn't believe it, my dad was offering me a Lego for the first time in years, usually my mother forced him to bring me something from his trips, but this time I didn't even have to start praying, he said it and we went to the register, once we arrived ther I cried... a huge line of people to buy stupid Halloween related stuff(WE DON'T HAVE HALLOWEEN HERE, WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ECONOMIC CRISIS FOR PETE'S SAKE!), not to mention all those kids that had forced their parents to buy them a lego set so that they'd shut up(I swear that people nowadays are "un-learning" what respect is), after we paid for the game I literally ran away from the store.

The Nigtmare ran alongside me, when we arrived at the elevators... you know what? You can guess what happened, actually you can't, it was worse, we waited for more time, but not only that, the people were stupider, even grown men and women were pressing the buttons for the elevators to go up when they wanted them to go down(there were freaking automatic stairs right next to the lifts!) and little kids were pushing everyone in the small crammed elevators, we were on level 0, our car was parked in level -5, in every floor we stopped we were there for 3 minutes with smart guys trying to get in even though it was full, when we finally arrived people wouldn't let us leave the lift, they were trying to get in instead of allowing us to get out (I was even kicked by an old lady, and then I could swear she "middle-fingered" me while the doors were closing, WTF?) when we finally got into the car I complained about everything, at least now I have a game that I can't wait to try out when I go to my grandparents house, and if someone wants to trick or treat there, I can't wait to tell them: "Go to hell, you son of an ignorant swine, we're trying to watch TV!".

If you were entertained by my misfortune then I'm happy and will keep on telling you my mis-adventures.

Another chronicle will be here soon, Same blhc-schedule(which is "whenever I feel like it") same blhc-Forum!

Cheers.

By- Henri, da muthaflippin' choopa driva!
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri da Flipper 11/1/2010, 7:39 pm

It's nice to know this topic is so interesting to the point that it makes your hands freeze, COME ON PEOPLE!

LOL!
Henri da Flipper
Henri da Flipper
Senior Colonel
Senior Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down